Are you ready to walk in the footsteps of those courageous pioneers? Catch a glimpse of a sunset over Chimney rock? Explore Fort Laramie and ford the Platte River? With The Oregon Trail® 5th Edition, you can almost smell the dust from the wagon train! Kids will build real-life decision-making and problem-solving skills as they choose their wagon party and supplies, read maps, plan their route, and guide their team through the wilderness. Develop solutions to help your friends and family survive the dangers of the long journey, including raging rivers, buffalo stampedes, sickness, and starvation. Discover a learning adventure that's greater than fiction—about real people with real dreams, facing and overcoming real challenges. This educational application is designed for children of ages 9 and up. The key features are the following:
* NEW characters, graphics and 3-D environments!
* NEW storytelling feature combined with compelling simulation adventures.
* Builds on the skills and simplicity of previous versions.
* Play out a different scenario everytime!
* Enjoy updated fishing, foraging and rafting activities.
There's a download version to buy but it's not available for Windows Vista though.